India is now the world's third largest internet population
Ciol India boasts world's second fastest growing online population with 31-percent year-over-year growth, 6x the rate of global internet population growth MUMBAI, INDIA: comScore, Inc., a leader in measuring the digital world, has released the 2013 India Digital Future in Focus report.
The report provides a comprehensive overview of the Indian market and identifies the prevailing trends in web usage, online video, social networking and online advertising that are defining the Indian online landscape, said a company release.
Key highlights from the 2013 India Digital Future in Focus include:
* At 73.9 million home and work internet users, the Indian online population currently ranks as the 3rd largest in the world after China and the U.S.
* With 75 percent of its internet users under the age of 35, India has the youngest skewing online population among BRIC countries.
* Across all age and gender groups, Women between the ages of 35-44 are the heaviest internet users in the Indian market.
* The Indian blogging audience grew 48 percent in the past year to 36 million visitors, while 26 percent of category traffic comes from mobile phones and tablets.
* 54 million internet users in India watched online videos on their computer, representing a 27-percent increase over the past year.
Source : CIOL
Date : 2013-08-26